Friday, February 10, 2012

Sick.

It was one of those weeks.
Negative.

Nothing is organized.
Everything goes wrong.
The room looks like crap.
My house is a mess.
Laundry hasn't been done in weeks.
My head is about to explode.
I struggle with my guided reading groups.
My classroom is a mess {I despise all my piles}
No one seems to be following or listening to instructions.
I repeat everything twice {or more!}
I can't hang things on our hallway walls {Stupid fire codes}
The kids seem to have forgotten EVERY expectation.
The worst = I keep getting asked dumb questions ... I HATE dumb questions ... especially in February.

     " Where do I get lined paper?" smile. {Teacher's head: "Where you ALWAYS GET LINED PAPER!"}
     " What do I do?" smile. {Teacher's head: "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!"}
      "Can I go to the bathroom?" - insert I am giving instructions. Shake head. Smile.
         {Teacher's head: "Does it LOOK LIKE A GOOD TIME TO PEE!?!?"}
ugh. What a witch I am.
Feeling bad cause I'm cranky with the kiddos.
Everyone's blog pictures of classrooms, crafts, displays, anchor charts, ETC. make me angry.
Nothing is planned for next week.
I'm Sick.
I want to go to bed.
It is 4:00.

I hate to be such a Debbie Downer, but these weeks happen.

Now that I have vented. And made my job/kids sound terrible.

Let's Rewind <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Positive. {insert sigh and reluctant smile}

A colleague gave me some DayQuil this morning {LIFESAVER}
Everyone in BOTH classes had their homework done {insert choir of angels singing}
EVERYONE WAS HERE TODAY! {insert audible gasp}
No one stayed in from recess {What? You ate lunch in peace??}
"T" improved by 40 words per minute this week! {So proud!}
My kids are THRILLED with my Plymouth/Jamestown settlement research activity
Called every parent and received great appreciation 
Kiddos earned an extra recess today for filling their healthy snack jar
Worked out a great schedule with the Special Ed teacher
LOVE the staff at my school
Morning procedures have been flaw less - nay, relaxing ;)
It snowed a little today! {I miss winter...}
My building is heated {ok, I may be stretching a little far with that one}
I love me kids. Every one of them.

So, I guess I love my job. Even when days like this are as far from perfect as they could possibly be!
Even when everyone's "perfect" blog classrooms make me ill.
God is good.
I am happy {still sick}but hallelujah it is the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. sounds like your week was pretty much like mine! hang in there girl. i promise no one's classroom is *really* perfect--certainly not mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you "keep it real"! I totally understand the kind of week you had. I had a week like that (where I actually questioned "Why am I doing this?") a few weeks ago! I hope you have a relaxing and refreshing weekend!

    I awarded you the Liebster award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your week - even though this post is a couple weeks ago. Weeks like that stink. :o( I love your blog and your love for the Lord. I teach first grade in CA. Come visit my blog sometime.
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...