Monday, September 19, 2011

Writing Journals

    I am a huge fan of writing and reading workshop, however, my district provides only a basel reading program (NOT COOL). This year, we have a new principal who is VERY supportive of me trying out a writing workshop and a reading workshop. Loads of research later, I have a random spread of ideas that I am attempting this year in my classroom concerning workshops. I am ALWAYS looking for mini lesson ideas!! I am incorporating a myriad of ideas from Lucy Caulkins, Ralph Fletcher, the Sisters (currently doing CAFE, thinking of starting the DAILY 5 next year) and many others into my instruction.
    For writing workshop we started this week by personalizing our writers notebooks and discussing that we are ALL writers. The students did a FANTASTIC job of making these special and completely theirs!
            here are a few of my favorites ...


Any ideas for good blogs or websites for lesson ideas, mini lessons, effective teachers, etc. 
LET ME KNOW :) 

5 comments:

  1. Hey fellow Packers Fan -

    You HAVE to visit Jen at rundesroom.blogspot.com -she's AMAZING and she teaches a 5th/6th split this year, I think . . . you two could be dangerous together!!! Thanks for linking up!

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you personalized these, they did a great job and I bet they love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Barbara for your kind words and advice! I will definitely have to check her site out! I am fairly new to the blog world but already find it invaluable as a teacher :) GO PACK!

    Kim - Thank you! It was a new thing I tried this year and they do love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you decorated your journals. I did something similar with our math journals.

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Your math journals are fantastic! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...