However, it is really nice to have it over with!
I thought I would share a quick recap of some of the things we did this year to prep for the test.
Playing off of Teaching in Room 6's test prep station idea, I created my own test prep centers:
Center 1: Read to Self along with a Comprehension Mat that I purchased here
(an AMAZING test prep website I got from Teaching in Room 6)
Center 3: Task Cards which I have slowly been buying from here. She has wonderful task cards that students can be doing independently or with a partner. For test prep I had them do it independently.
Reading Olympian packet
We also did LOTS of reading comprehension sheets where I required students to SHOW their evidence for their answer. They needed to show things like:
- Underline and write where they found the proof of their answer
- Identify whether they found the answer "in the text" or "in their heads - inferring"
- Circled clue words in the questions that helped them
- Crossed out answers that either were obviously wrong or had no evidence
- Wrote down their schema to help them answer the questions
Tomorrow I will be sharing our TEST SUPERHEROS!"