Friday, February 20, 2015

The Day Dolls Came to School ...

During the long weekend, I  visited my parents in Ohio who are in the process of moving. Because of this, I grabbed all of my old toys and storage items from their basement. One of these treasured pieces was my American Girl doll and her trunk of accessories. Upon hearing that one of my girls had visited American Girl Place over the weekend, I mentioned that the trunk was in the back of my car still. So, during indoor recess, the girls and I had a grand time going through all of my old Kirstin clothing and accessories felt old since my doll is now retired!
 This, of course, led naturally into an optional "Bring your Doll to school day" the next day. It was a lot of fun! and definitely not something that happens every day! The boys did a good job of keeping their teasing to a minimum, some even created their own "dolls" to join in the fun :) 
 All in all, it was a very unique day in fifth grade full of hair brushing, clothing changes, and lots of smiles! They won't be forgetting this day for some time :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...