Monday, June 27, 2011

Friendly Super Bowl Rivalry

Coming from an avid football family, I always look forward with anticipation to February and the Super Bowl, reguardless of the team, I will still choose a side, marker a t-shirt with their logo, and sit down for an evening of fun with friends. But this year, the word {anticipation} would have been and UNDERSTATEMENT because it was my {PACKERS} that were heading as regional champions to Arlington Texas. However ... I was not the only one with my eye on the football horizon. My fellow 5th grade partner teacher happened to be a die hard Steelers Fan, and she was not about to let me forget it! And so it was that on the Friday before Super Bowl Sunday we both showed up to school sporting our Jerseys and the {WAR} was on...
   I walked out of my classroom during my planning time to find THIS waiting for me across my name tag ...
and as any warm-blooded American football fan would do, I retaliated ... 
The kids -- who had already joined sides (many showed up in uniforms or team colors) -- wanted to join the fight and thus ensued the following "friendly attacks" 
My Door

Her Door



However, we all know how the end of this story went ... and it was a very {PROUD} day Monday morning when I was the ONLY person sporting a colorful green and gold jersey through the halls of Hoppin Elementary School :) GO PACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...