Sunday, October 21, 2012

BEATING THE MEAP!

"BEAT THE MEAP!" has been the rallying cry this last week as we buckle down to take "THE TEST"
We have actually had a lot of fun preparing and getting the kids geeked about it these last few weeks! Fun review sessions, quick quiz games, review stations, and fun treats along the way helped make it more of something to look forward to than dread. Though I'm sure we can all agree that there is still a substantial amount of stress no matter how much glits and glam we place on it - especially for us teachers! Even the 4th grade teacher got on board with us giving my kiddos a pep talk before THE TEST about how they are showing all they learned last year with him and how if 80% of them pass the Reading section (which is what he teaches) he will shave his head into a MOHAWK! Needless to say this was very inspirational to the kiddies - we now have a photoshopped poster of him on our board as a reminder! 

And because I just ADORE the fall season AND because the kids need mental breaks, I use these weeks to squeak in a few of my non-essential outdoor fall favorites! It has to be one of the coziest times of the year (besides for Christmas, which I think beats all seasons and holidays for me!). But seriously, I love all those "Fally" things - apple cider, hayrides, pumpkins, chilly enough for a light jacket but warm enough to go for a walk kind of evenings, beautiful fall colors ... mmmm ... I don't think I could ever live somewhere that didn't have the four seasons!
   My partner teacher and I took our kids out Tuesday afternoon after THE TEST and burned our initials into leaves with magnifying glasses - A HUGE HIT! I'm telling you, the easiest yet biggest crowd pleaser ever!
Another afternoon we had the kids collaborate by using ten straws and one arms length piece of masking tape to make a container to protect an egg. 
 Then we went out to the playground to test our protective packaging by tossing them from the very top of the jungle gym. It was great!
 
Good Luck Testers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...