Friday, October 19, 2012

Leaf Poems and Scenic Fall Drives

I don't know about ya'll but this fall has been TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY BEAUTIFUL! Every day on the way home from work it is MUCH to dark on my way to work to see anything. too early i tell you! I am in awe of the beauty that surrounds me on either side of the road! I do not know if it has been the increase of constant, perpetual rain or what but it has produced some of the most fabulous colors!
Okay. So I did a bit of research. Shut up, yes I am a teacher, it is in our BLOOD! 
Annnnnd ....
I discovered that FROST is the culprit for creating a most spectacular fall. When an late frost arrives the leaves begin their "shutting down" process much later, therefore storing more "color/food" in their leaves.
I just HAD to share my drive from work with you. These are taken with a IPHONE no less - and they still look fantastic! Trust me, it is even more breathtaking in person. If you live in a seasonal state, I hope that your fall has been as incredible as ours here in the gorgeous state of Michigan.
Isn't this little Methodist church just the CUTEST!?
Love me some corn fields ... when I see them I am home. 
 I just LOVE tree lined roads, there are so many here in Michigan. Growing up in Ohio, Yes, I know, my family are all Michigan born and bred, I was the one raised in "ENEMY TERRITORY!" I can truly appreciate TREES - everywhere!
 It wouldn't be Michigan without a LAKE picture. Here is one of the SIX lakes that I pass on my way to work every morning. 
Teacher fun fact: Did you know? That if you stand anywhere in Michigan you are never more than 6 miles from a lake. Awesome. 
 How quaint is this little school house? It just needs a little tender loving care. Everyday I pass it. Everyday I want to buy it. 
I pass SO MANY barns on the way to school - reminders that "home" is in the midwest. 
They just look so perfect in the fall ... corn fields, bright trees, bursts of red. Love. 
 I even found a little fall creeping up our apartment building! 
Thanks for coming for a drive with me! 

In honor of this totally FAB season, the kiddos did LEAF RUBBINGS and created leaf poems. 
 {Teacher pride} 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...