Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Intervention Group Planning

I have a thirty minute intervention time that is used to help struggling readers and math students. Students are split between myself, my partner teacher, and 6 paraprofessionals to work on skills. The highest group (which is the largest) stays with my partner teacher, they work on enrichment material while the others work in small groups to practice strategies and skills.
Students working on a fluency passage for practice before intervention 
Our school uses the research based SRA reading program for the majority of our reading intervention (I don't plan the math section so that is why I never talk about it! ha), however, I add supplement materials for each group to work on for the first 5-10 minutes that go along with what we have been practicing in class and/or skills that particular group needs extra work on. Most of the time, I end up printing a lot of center type activities and task cards for them to use during this review/practice time.
Recently,  I have begun filling a folder full of the activities, cards, materials, note card lesson plan/instructions for our parapros. Right now, I am making some multi-syllabic word practice folders for a few of the groups. This definitely takes a bit of time but is well worth it in the long run!
I am always eager to hear what other teachers provide for parent volunteers, aids, or paraprofessional small groups. Please link up below with either your blog or a post that share what you do :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...