Friday, March 7, 2014

Take Home Supply Baggies

Recently, I have been running into an issue with homework/unfinished classwork. There are many things that we do in the day that revolve around "crafty stuff," be it markers, colored pencils, scissors, glue sticks - and all that jazz! That being said, when a student doesn't get it finished, and it becomes homework, they are unable to complete it because those supplies are not available at home (I grew up in a teacher house so this is unfathomable to me but it happens). I have always given the kids the opportunity to borrow any supply they need from the classroom and usually write their name on the board with the item for accountability reasons (and for my own insanely forgetful mind!). However, this system was always tedious for me, items were lost, not brought back, brought back but not recorded ... etc. etc. etc.

ENTER: 25 cent pencil baggies from WalMart! I bought a few of these years ago during a school supply sale but never really found a niche for them. I decided to fill them with the "essential" supplies so that kids could borrow them when there was an assignment that needed completed at home.
I filled them with markers, crayons, a glue stick, pair of small scissors, and a pencil. I labeled and numbered them so we could keep track of them.
I laminated a chart with the baggie numbers and a place for students to put their name, with a vis-a-vis maker, when they "rent"  it out. Notice, I also have empty baggies for rent (with a space for the item) so that students can take home a specific thing instead of an entire bag.
The kids were really geeked about these and I already had two taken home tonight to finish Continent and Oceans maps! Not life-changingly creative, but definitely a better way to organize our classroom stuff for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...