Friday, February 9, 2018

How do I love Middle Schoolers? Let Me Count the Ways.

I love them to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling in a funk
For the ends and beginnings of breaks.
I love them to the level of every day’s
Most NOiSY need, by florescent light and basketballs.
I love them freely, as teacher's strive for learning.
I love them purely, as they respond to praise.
I love them with the passion put to use
In my daily griefs, and with my teacher faith.
I love them with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost patience. I love them with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love them better after they leave my classroom. 
- Mrs. B's adaptation of Elizabeth Barrett Browning 
A HUGE shoutout to my awesome 8th grade class and the SUPER sweet 30th birthday they threw for me. I felt loved. Came into 5 of my students surprising me at 7:00 am, jumping out from behind my couch to sing happy birthday, complete with a steamer decorated classroom.
Yes, the Lord knew my heart needed these kids and these kids needed me. 
#blessed.

Dude. You KNOW you are loved with an 8th grade boy makes you a CAKE. WHAT?! All the feels.
A student made me a paper mache tree since the one I made in the classroom got ripped and knocked down - lol 
Another student drew me an incredible drawing of my favorite animal! 
Also, if you have never received a heartfelt card written by a middle schooler, you have never experienced pure happiness ;0) 
Of course, my adult friends KILLED it as well - love them all. 
#30doesntsuck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...