Thursday, February 25, 2021

Murder of Julius Caesar: INVESTIGATION

Among the events that occurred throughout the history of Ancient Rome, the assassination of Julius Caesar continues to stand out as both controversial and fascinating. As my students discovered and debated, there are many different theories for the reasoning behind the his murder by fellow senators the fateful day of March 15, 44 BC.  

This activity is NOT mine alone, it is a hybrid of two different activities that are FREE on the internet. I am sharing this as a resource to provide a further option for teachers and students to utilize in learning about the death of Julius Caesar.

I have combined the following accessible resources to make it more conducive to my classroom and students:

“Teach Like Magic” Cold Case: Rome: https://www.mrroughton.com/history-mystery-labs/cold-case-rome

I actually got the original idea to do this from the blog “To Engage Them All” as she did a similar adaptation of “Teach Like Magic’s” Boston Massacre case. I did that one in my American history class and students LOVED it. I then decided to adapt this one and the Disappearance of the Maya for my world history class.

“To Engage Them All” Blog: http://toengagethemall.blogspot.com/search?q=boston+massacre

Her Boston Massacre Files: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1v8mW2UpNVk22wHIYyemEe6T MfPXwhQVIXdtmOpyN0Q4/edit#slide=id.gcc7a552da_6_23

Through an investigation simulation, my students explored both primary and secondary sources that supported the different historical theories.

My FREE Investigation Packet.





If you liked this activity, check out my FREE Mayan Files Investigation HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...