Thursday, February 25, 2021

Roman Empire Autopsy

To analyze the fall of the Roman Empire, I have my students participate in an exploratory surgery and autopsy of their patient "Ancient Rome". This idea is NOT my own. For this activity I utilize two amazing resources, both available for purchase on TPT: 

Autopsy on Ancient Rome

Fall of Rome Stations

In my classroom, I merged elements and used worksheets from both of these resources to create my own rendition based on my student's needs. Below I have attached my adapted worksheets, which are available for free, however, I have NOT included the autopsy sheet or directions since those should be purchased from the above sources. If you would like to utilize this activity, please support the teacher's who created these amazing resources on TPT by clicking on the links above and purchasing these great products! 

My Additional Resources for the Roman Autopsy

In addition to the printed resources, I added boxes filled with cooked speghetti and red dye so that their "surgery" was hands-on and fun! I utilized our school's direction tools from the science classroom to "perform" our surgery. Providing students with gloves and a mask can add to the overall "hospital" environment (although, with COVID, the masks were already taken care of - ha!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...