Thursday, February 25, 2021

SHARK TANK - Medieval Chinese Inventions


Have you ever done a "Shark Tank" style presentation with your students? Man, I just LOVE this as a project assessment in history since it blends so many other skills including presentation skills, developing a sales pitch, persuasive techniques, public speaking, and of course, research. 

I have my students follow the directions according to THIS phenomenal TPT product by Instructomania which provides everything you need to set your students up for success as they present their "Medieval Invention" to the "Sharks". 

We also watch a few shark tank presentations from the actual show to help students recognize what they are supposed to be doing. I require them to act as if they are back in Medieval China (with that time period's geography, knowledge, experience, etc.) but I allow them to use, of course, modern technology to demonstrate their items. 

I did supplement that activity with a few handouts that I felt provided my community volunteer "sharks" with a little more information as well as gave my students a bit more accountability. 

If you are interested in my added documents, they are available below for FREE! 

Group Preparation Sheet (given a day or two before) 
 (not be turned in, just for the judges use) 
(teacher evaluation of each student individually - the "partner satisfaction" grade comes from the next document) 
(I believe that students should always be held accountable for their action and participation in group work) 

This year we presented our "Sales Pitches" to our community members in the gym, due to COVID spacing necessity, however, after having done it, I think I will continue to do this as it added an element of seriousness as well as professionalism and excitement to the students presentations. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...