Monday, December 19, 2011

Finished Native American Diaramas

So I promised pictures of the finished product and here they are ...



Polynesian Region - complete with a volcano :)
The sugar cube igloo saw better days before this picture ;) 
yes, that is a jackrabbit roasting on the "ginormous" fire *grin*




I think they did a fabulous job!

Note: Please be aware that that as a social studies educator, my purpose is to get students excited about learning other cultures as well as their own. I am not perfect in my education of this, though I do try and do a lot of research before teachings cultures and history. Concerning the dioramas, I try to educate students on the breaking of stereotypes and regional uniquness as much as possible from my findings and research but do not claim to be an expert. By using tangible items it help spur students passion for the cultures and history we study and creates in them a desire to learn and discover more. If there is something that bothers you or have questions on my instruction concerning your culture or any other topic I may teach in my room, please feel free to email me personally to help me gain more understanding. I love learning about others and am always striving to educate my students better.

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely fabulous! I love them. I awarded you with the Liebster Award, see my blog for the details!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...