Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My Life: Special Holiday Surprise

I do NOT like cats ... I know there are many out in blog land who will disagree with me but I'm a dog person! My husband is also a big dog person, but due to the size of our little apartment paired with the fact that we are NEVER home, we just hadn't gotten one yet.

God, however, had other plans when he brought us Dudley ...

For days, this little orange cat hung around in our little apartment parking lot. He was pretty skiddish, and since I don't care for cats, I didn't pay too much attention to him ...
KC (who surprisingly had MORE of a heart than I did in this particular situation) began petting it everyday when he got home. Pretty soon the little stinker would greet us in the alley whenever we arrived home. He had adopted us. I may not like cats, but between the weather getting colder, his mangy hair, skinny tummy, and cries at our door, my heart broke and we left him some Salmon one night. That led to us opening the door and letting him snoop around ... which led to us brushing him ... feeding him ... and getting a litter box ... getting him fixed and shots ($$) ... and now, we have a cat!
He really  is a sweet heart - I love him.
I mean, I still don't love cats ... I just love Dudley. Studly Dudley.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mrs. B!

    Happy Holidays!
    I am your newest follower...
    I teach sixth grade, but I think us "big kid teachers" need to stick together (because there aren't very many of us!)
    I also love teaching history/social studies, although most kids (and many teachers) are not always "fans."
    You can see my true feelings at:
    http://joyin6th.blogspot.com/2011/11/messy-potatoes.html

    I hope you are enjoying your VACATION and that the new year brings you many more surprises (since you can already check off "being adopted by a cat"!)

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...