Friday, November 4, 2011

My Life: Award ... and a little about me.

SHOUT OUT to Lana over at For the Love of Teaching for awarding me with the "Blog on Fire" award! Thank you! Her blog is amazing and I have used many of her creative ideas in my own room!
Go and CHECK IT OUT!
With this award, I am supposed to tell 7 facts about myself then pass it on to 7 other amazing bloggers

1. I am a Seventh Day Adventist Christian and love my Lord and Savior. He is my life, my passion, and my reason for living!

2. I live in the gorgeous state of Michigan - grew up in Ohio, but moved back to my parents home state and plan on making this a permanent relocation :) Lake life was meant for me - I don't think I could live without it now!

3. I am a HUGE Green Bay Packer fan - I LOVE football! My husband is a die hard Detroit Lions fan (a house divided) making this upcoming Thanksgiving game EPIC!

4. Teaching is my PASSION! I have always known teaching was for me. In 4th grade, I set up a classroom in my basement and taught my little sister every day after school - best student ever!

5. I am a complete history nerd!! My favorite movies are historically based, my favorite books are historical fiction/nonfiction, I LOVE to dress up in period clothing - its an obsession! On top of my Elementary/Language Arts major I also majored in history. I am currently taking my masters in European Renaissance History - thoughts have wandered to being a history professor in the future, but right now I don't think I could leave my kiddos!

6. I LOVE sports! I still play inter mural soccer and football at my Alma Mater Andrews University each season. I miss my years of touring with my high school and college gymnastic/cheer leading team. I love snowboarding, wake boarding, volleyball, exercising through Pilates and P90X ... and the only reason why we own a television is to watch ESPN.

7. Married by best friend last September and have enjoyed a wonderful first year together! Feels like so much longer since we're going on six years together :) He makes me a better person every day!

Now to pass this award along ...

Cardigans and Curriculum

Runde's Room

Reading is Thinking

Juice Boxes and Crayolas

My Life as a Fifth Grade Teacher

The Teacher's Lane

Oh' Boy Fourth Grade

Thank you all for your incredible ideas! 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award. I am from Michigan too. What part do you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome :) I work near Kalamazoo - I live closer toward St. Joseph/Benton Harbor

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, I appreciate it. And, I'm so glad your kids enjoyed the Native American Legends!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...