Friday, November 4, 2011

My Life: Reminiscent Gymnast

Putting my old leotard and track suit on for our Halloween costume party got me all sentimental .. .. .so i thought i would take a short jaunt down memory lane and share with you a part of my life that is very dear to my heart. 
Throughout both high school and college, my husband and I were apart of touring acrosport gymnastics/cheer teams - those were the days! We traveled around the US performing all over for functions, fundraisers, festivals, etc My favorite were the public schools where we would promote healthful living and an anti - drug lifestyle. The kids energy was INCREDIBLE! Our teams did a combination between acrosport, cheerleading, gymnastic tumbling, and circus moves (mini tramp, teeterboard, russian bar)
Walk down memory lane ... 
High school Team - Great Lakes Adventist Academy Aerokhanas 

 College Team - Andrews University Gymnics
 Tossing pictures can be so ugly since the timing can't be perfect *haha*
Russian Bar - the gentlemen bounce the bar on their shoulders and toss the flier into the air, she does a trick, then lands back on the bar - well, the idea is that they land back on the bar *wink* Yes, that is me on the bar :) 
I am curious, are there any fellow "retired" cheerleaders or gymnasts out there in blog land?? I would love to hear your stories and see your pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I am actually on the Aerokhanas Team this year, and it will be my second year on the team! Awesome to know there are others out in the world that still cherish the team! :)
    God Bless <3

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...